Here is one of my favorite go to meals for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, hot or cold. Eat it as is, or add it to some steamed vegetables, a kale salad, in a wrap or just as a side. Protein, fiber, good fats, and power boosting 2 14 oz. blocks of Organic Tofu drained and smashed ( w/ a potato masher or fork)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms of choice ( I cook these separately not to make the tofu soggy)
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1½ tsp. ground turmeric
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Optional: Any other preferred vegetable
- Heat oil in large skillet, sauté onions until slightly browned. Add in chopped vegetable and cook for a few minutes, add in tofu and spices, cook another few minutes then add in cooked mushrooms.
- Cook until well heated through.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- Add some sliced avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce or salsa goes well with this as well.
- Serve with a salad, tortilla, or as is.