Dressings are a nice touch to add on to a salad, a main or even used as a dip. Remember to not over dress, as it is always best to taste the real flavor of the food. I always double up on the recipe so I have plenty for a few days! Here are a few of my favorites
Delicious Dijon Dressing (Oil Free)
(My personal favorite) Adapted by The Plantpower Way
- 2 Tbsp. Of Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of water
- Pinch of salt
- Blend or shake in a glass jar.
- Lasts up to a week refrigerated.
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Whisk all together in a bowl until creamy.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons infused olive oil (basil, etc.) OR extravirgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 orange (or a little more lemon if you don’t have orange)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
- whisk together until creamy.
Creamy Cilantro Garlic Dressing (Oil Free)
Adapted by Forks Over Knives
- 1 12oz pack of organic silken tofu
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro ( basil parsley and mint also work)
- Combine tofu, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic in a blender of food processor until smooth. Add in cilantro/ herbs and process again until chopped.
- Store in glass jar, May be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Creamy Avocado dressing (Oil Free)
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup apple cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 3 tablespoon lime
- 2 maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water to thin out
- ½ chopped seedless jalapeno ( optional)
- salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Adjust the amount of liquid to obtain nice creamy dressing. Enjoy!
Ginger Miso Dressing
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- 1 small piece( 1”) of fresh grated garlic
- 2 Tbsp. of rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. of Tamari or Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. of yellow (mellow) Miso paste
- 2 Tsp. of toasted sesame oil (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender on low until combined (or whisk)
- Store in a glass jar and refrigerate