- Soak 1 cup of raw almond for 4 hrs or overnight
- Drain water and rinse
- Combine nuts with 3 cups water in a high speed blender ( like a vita mix)
- Add in 2-3 dates (or 2-3 Tbsp agave)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Blend at high speed for 1-2 minutes
- Pour liquid through a nut milk bag ( can purchase on Amazon)
- You may have to give a bit of help encouraging the liquid out of the bag…
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
TIP: If you want your almond milk not to separate in your tea/ coffee or in the fridge here is a trick...
- Pour the almond milk into the pot, partially cover and under low heat simmer for 15 minutes.
- Keep a close eye on it as it may boil over. Stir now and then.
- Allow to cool before storing in the refrigerator. The almond milk will keep fresh in the refrigerator for 5 days.