Dairy-free ice cream! Hooray!
Inspired by Farm on Plate
- 1 small ripe papaya
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 cup coconut milk, Almond or Cashew milk – unsweetened
- ½ cup pecans, or nuts of choice – toasted & chopped
- 1 tbsp honey/agave(only if needed)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Cut papayas in half and remove the seeds. Using a spoon scoop out the flesh from the papayas. Place the flesh of papaya, frozen banana, your dairy free milk, lime juice, sweetener if needed, and pinch of salt in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Taste and feel free to add more lime juice as per your liking. Take out the mixture into a bowl and add the the nuts and mix gently.
- Freeze the mixture into serving portions for a few hours until almost frozen. You can also add the mixture to ice cream maker and churn according to instructions.