- 2 15-ounce cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 jar marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- ½ cup oats
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- In a large bowl combine beans, onion, and garlic. Using a potato masher, lightly mash until about half of beans are mashed. Add in remaining ingredients and stir well.
- On a cutting board or clean work surface, use bean mixture to form burger patties with your hands. Make sure to pack tight.
- In a lightly greased frying pan on medium-high heat, cook burgers for about 5 minutes on each side or until both sides are golden. Serve on a bed of greens or vegan hamburger bun.