(Note: double up the recipe for more servings during the week but add greens on when your ready to serve)
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions (try cooking with vegetable broth/stock instead of water for added flavor.)
- 1 red onion, or leek chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil/ coconut oil or you can omit and use vegetable broth
- 1 red or yellow pepper chopped, or a combo of both
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 cup of Cremni and / or Portobello mushrooms
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cooked sweet potato ( optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh basil (or 1-2 tablespoon dried basil)
- 4 cups of arugula
- Sea salt & ground pepper to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (optional, for a zesty kick)
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil ( or broth) over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté 2 minutes. (Make sure not to “burn” onions.)
- Add in garlic and sauté 2 more minutes.
- Add veggies and sauté another 3-5 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Add basil (reserving one tablespoon for garnish) for another minute or so.
- In large bowl combine veggie mixture to cooked quinoa, toss gently
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in a few splashes of vegetable broth or water if you want more moisture.
- Squeeze on lemon juice for a zesty, refreshing burst.
- Sprinkle on remaining chopped basil, some cherry tomatoes, micro greens etc
- Add on top of arugula or your favorite greens