- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add one cup walnuts and one cup coconut flakes into a food processor.
- Pulse to break down.
- Add the bananas, vanilla, and salt and blend until the mixture is completely combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan and use a spatula to smooth out.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining coconut flakes in a skillet over medium heat. Toast until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Mix in the remaining walnuts.
- Remove the loaf pan from the oven and spread a thin layer of jam over the bars. Sprinkle the toasted coconut flake mixture over the top.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing into bars.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Inspired by Rebecca Bohl