Love this soup, hot or cold. A great source of vitamin C, antioxidants, and also gets rid of those ugly free radicals in your blood stream. Remember ..."The redder the better". Think deep colorful foods.
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil (or vegetable broth for non oil recipe)
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- ½ cup raw soaked cashews ( soak in water for 4-6 hrs)
- 2 cups Vegetable broth
- 3-4 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 can whole tomatoes w/ juice
- ¼ cup oil packed of sun dried tomatoes, drained.
- ½-1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. fine grain salt
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- Heat Olive oil (or broth) in Large saucepan, add the onion, garlic and sauté for 5-6 minutes until translucent.
- In a blender, combine the soaked cashews and the broth and blend on high speed until creamy and smooth. Add the garlic-onion mixture, tomatoes and their juices, sun-dried tomatoes, and tomato paste and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the tomato mixture into the saucepan in which you cooked the onions and set the pan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then stir in the oregano, salt, pepper, and thyme, all to taste.
- Gently simmer over medium heat, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes, until the flavors have developed.
- Chill if a cool soup is desired.
- You can thin this out with some more veggie broth if needed.