Love this soup for those hot Summer Days.
- 5 cups chopped watermelon
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1 cup peeled, diced and seeded cucumber (important to peel the cucumber or the gazpacho will be brown)
- 1 cup diced celery
- ¾ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced purple onion
- ¾ cup fresh mint
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Juice of 1 lime or small lemon
- 1-1/2 tbsp sherry or other wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced jalapeno chile ( optional)
Chop all the ingredients into chunky pieces and place in a powerful blender. Blend until you reach a consistency you like.
Chill well and serve. I like to make extra and store in a covered glass jar in the fridge.