- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, diced, (or one can organic diced tomatoes)
- 1 carrot, cut into quarter moons
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups cooked or canned red, black or kidney beans
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons organic tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat oil in a large heavy pan and sauté onions and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, chili powder and cumin and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add beans, water, tomato paste, and salt.
- Cook on low to medium heat for 20 minutes.
Add as many veggies as you like such as bell peppers, zucchini and corn kernels.