Crunchy Cabbage, Carrot & Scallion Salad
- 1 head cabbage (green or red cabbage)
- 1 bunch scallion
- 2 carrots, sliced into thin sticks
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup tamari or ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 5 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Slice cabbage into thin ribbons and place in a large bowl.
- Slice carrots into thin sticks and place with the cabbage (I like to cut the carrot into 4 sections, cut each section in half, and then turn upside down and slice thinly).
- Chop scallions and place with the cabbage and carrots.
- Combine the tamari, rice vinegar and sesame oil in a small bowl (this is the dressing).
- Pour dressing gradually over the salad while mixing - I like it better lightly dressed, and reserve some for those who like extra dressing!
- Add chopped cilantro and sesame seeds and mix again.
- This salad gets better as it sits!