Here is one of my favorite go to meals for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Hot or cold. Eat it as is, or add it to some steamed vegetables, a kale salad, or just as a side. Protein, fiber, vitamins all in one and its delicious! Enjoy
- 2 14 oz blocks of Organic Tofu drained and smashed ( w/ a potato masher or fork)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms of choice ( I cook these separately not to make the tofu soggy)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Optional: Any other preferred vegetable
- Heat oil in Large skillet, sauté onions until slightly browned.
- Add in chopped vegetable and cook for a few minutes, add in tofu and spices, cook another few minutes then add in cooked mushrooms.
- Cooked until well heated through.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce goes well with this as well.
- Serve with a salad, tortilla, or as is.