by the Roasted Root
Detox Kale Salad
- 1 head lacinato (dino) kale, leaves thinly sliced
- 1 head Russian red kale, leaves finely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 6 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 large red beet, roasted and chopped
- ½ raw walnut halves, chopped
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon avocado oil*
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- A pinch of salt
Prepare the Detox Kale Salad:
- Wash the kale leaves under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Remove the stalks and discard. Finely chop the leaves and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the serving bowl and add desired amount of dressing. Toss everything together to combine.
Prepare the Lemon-Parsley Dressing:
- In a small blender or food processor, add all of the ingredients for the dressing and blend until smooth and creamy. If you don’t have a small blender, whisking the ingredients together in a bowl works well, too.
*Avocado oil can be replaced with grape seed oil or olive oil