These easy Vegan, Gluten free, Oat Bars are made with just a handful of simple and wholesome ingredients, naturally gluten-free - no oil, no refined sugar, just 100% satisfying deliciousness.
Recipe by: Nutriciously
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
- 1 cup rolled oats (90g)
- 1 cup oat flour (120g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas, chopped or mashed
- ½ cup soy milk (can swap for other plant-based milk)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped (40g)
- 5 dates, chopped
- ¼ cup coconut flakes (20g)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Prepare your non-stick baking dish or line it with a piece of parchment paper so the bars are easier to lift out.
2. If you quickly want to make your own oat flour, put 1.3 cups (or 120g) rolled oats in your blender or food processor and blend or pulse them.
3. In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Your oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir for a few seconds with a spoon. In a different bowl, mash or chop your ripe banana and mix in the soy milk and maple syrup with a fork, mixing thoroughly.
4. Now, pour the wet ingredients on top of the dry ones and combine well. You can add any nuts, seeds, or dried fruit here if you like.
5. Put your mixture on to the parchment or baking dish, spreading it evenly. The bars should be 1-1.5 inches (3-4 cm) high. Finally, sprinkle the toppings of your choice on the oat mixture and bake for around 18-20 mins, until firm and lightly golden. The baking time depends on how thinly you spread your batter and how soft or crunchy you want them to be.
6. Place dish on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, then slice into bars. You can store them in an airtight container for a couple days, or wrap them individually into parchment paper and freeze them in a container for up to 3 months.