Not just for breakfast but a great snack at any time. (Recipe by Mostly Vegan)
- 2 Cups of Garbanzo Bean (Chickpea) flour
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil (and spray for muffin tins)
- 3-4 cups chopped of your favorite 3 veggies (Favorites are: broccoli, spinach, zucchini, red bell pepper, onion, etc)
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallion ( green onion)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine flour, yeast, baking powder, salt and pepper in a bowl w/ 2 ½ cups of water. Whisk together and set aside.
- Heat Olive oil and sauté all chopped veggies (except the scallions) until they cook down.
- Add in scallions and cook another few minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spray well a standard size muffin pan( 12) AND one smaller one (6) w/ oil spray.
- Divide the veggie mixture by heaping Tbsp’s in each cup.
- Using a ¼ cup measure, fill the cups with the batter. Stir gently each cup to distribute the batter through the veggies.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cups begin to brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes ( this sets the batter)
- Take muffins out of the tins carefully ( you may need to use a knife to loosen around the edges) and place on a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or cool before storing in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- You can reheat the muffins in an oven or toaster oven @ 400 degrees for 10 minutes.