A wonderful, warm and comforting meal. Full of all the goodness for mind and body.
- 1 15oz can chickpeas
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1-2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 15oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 cup yam or sweet potatoes
- 2 cups spinach
- ¼ tsp. garam masala
- If using canned chickpeas, rinse before using. If you’re using dried chickpeas, soak in water the night before and pressure-cook with salt for about 10 minutes before using for the recipe.
- Sauté onion, garlic and ginger in vegetable broth until translucent, about 5 minutes over medium heat. Add more vegetable stock as necessary, to keep from burning.
- Add diced tomatoes and seasonings except for garam masala.
- Add chickpeas and stir to combine and cook over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes until tomatoes have broken down, the chickpeas have softened and the flavors meld, stirring occasionally. Add a little more vegetable broth or water as needed if your tomato juice is running low.