I love when my fellow Chefs, health foodies, and Plant Based pioneers make some awesome treats to share. Here is one of my faves. The fact that they are mini, helps with the portions sizes. You just have to make sure you put the rest away after 1 or 2!
VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, OAT FLOUR, DAIRY-FREE
From the Beamingbaker
Double Chocolate Banana Almond Mini Muffins: a one bowl recipe for perfectly moist chocolate banana mini muffins made with oat flour and almonds. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain.
Recipe type: Muffins, Breakfast, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain, Oat Flour Serves: 24 mini muffins
• 3 medium, very ripe bananas*
• ¼ cup melted coconut oil
• ¼ cup pure maple syrup
• 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 10 mins) • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 cup gluten free oat flour
• ¾ cup almond meal
• ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• ¾ teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ cup vegan mini chocolate chips
• ¼ cup sliced almonds, chopped
Optional for topping
• 1 tablespoon each: vegan chocolate chips and sliced almonds, chopped
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 24-cup mini muffin pan with mini muffin liners.
• Add peeled bananas to a large mixing bowl. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Add coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
• Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond meal, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
• Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop batter evenly into muffin cups (about 2 tablespoons of batter per muffin). Optional: sprinkle chocolate chips and almonds on top of the muffins.
• Bake for 16-24 minutes. Mine took 19 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 1 hour. Lift out and enjoy!