Raw vegan sushi rolls
A radiant and raw twist to sushi. Healthy, low cal and energy packed. Vegan, gluten free, grain free and delicious!
- 1 package of Nori sushi sheets
- 1 lg or 2 med jicama peeled
- 1 avocado
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 lg cucumber peeled
- Raw asparagus spears
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of shredded red and green cabbage
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Sprouts option ( I like sunflower sprouts)
- nut milk mesh bag
- Food processor
- Bamboo sushi mat
- Place chopped jicama in food processor until finely chopped.
- Take out and place in nut milk mesh bag. Press out all of the water ( there is a lot). Place jicama in a bowl to the side.
- Prepped other veggies.
- Cut avocado in thin slices.
- Julien the red pepper.
- Slice thin strips of peeled cucumber.
- Keep asparagus long and trim bottoms off.
- Shred carrots, and cabbages.
- Place nori sheet on the sushi mat.
- Spread approx 2 tbsp of jicama along the top of the nori sheet ( closest to you)
- Lay each vegetable along on top of the jicama.
- When done laying out the veg, start to roll up the sushi mat, with the nori sheet inside.
- Keep moving the mat forward in a rolling motion to make a complete roll.
- Remove mat. To “ seal” the edges of the sushi seaweed roll you may need to add a tiny bit of water along edge stick.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds if desired.
- Keep whole or slice with a sharp knife into “sushi” rolls
- Serve with a peanut sauce or a tamari ( soy sauce) mixture.