Inspired by: Oh She Glows
- 1 cup (155 g) raw almonds, soaked
- 1 celery stalk (80 g), finely chopped
- 2 green onions (30 g), finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove (6 g), minced
- 3 to 4 tablespoons (45 to 60 mL) vegan mayo, to taste (Veganaise)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch of kelp granules (optional, lends a "fishy" flavor)
- Soak almonds in a bowl of water for 3-9 hours until plump. Drain, rinse well and pat dry.
- Add drained almonds into a food processor (there's no need to peel the almond skins unless you want to) and process until finely chopped. It should look a bit like flaked tuna. Place into a medium-mixing bowl
- Add the chopped celery, green onion, garlic, mayo, mustard, and lemon into the bowl. Stir well to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add a pinch of kelp granules if desired.
- Serve on top of a salad , lettuce wrap, or make into a sandwich. Refrigerate leftover salad for up to 3 days. Tip: Make it soy-free: Use soy-free vegan mayonnaise