A wonderful, healthy soup that is great for a meal or a side.
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large carrots, cut into pieces
- 3 zucchinis, cut up into ¼’s
- ½ cauliflower head, cut into pieces
- Approx 2 cups of cut broccoli florets
- Handful or two of greens of your choice ( kale, collards, spinach)
- 2 cups of small red lentils
- Approx 8 cups of water ( give or take)
- 1 tablespoon of “Better Than Bullion”( veg ) or a cube or two of vegetarian bullion (optional)
- Saute garlic and oil for a few minutes.
- Add cut up vegetables ( w/ out greens) and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add water and then lentils. After about 5 minutes add in the greens and the bullion. Stir and cook at medium heat until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30-45 min. Keep an eye to see if there is more water needed. Add more if you like a thinner soup. Salt and pepper to taste. The lentils will thicken and you will have a wonderful hearty soup. Great the next day too.