: credit - Nom Nom Crunch
- 3 spotted bananas (overripe = spotted)
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted, measure it in liquid form)
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- ⅓ cup of wheat bran
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- ⅔ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt (I used sea salt because it’s all I keep in my kitchen)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup carob chips (you can use chocolate chips if you prefer)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mush the bananas using a fork until smooth. Add all the vanilla and oil and whisk together.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (aka everything else). I used a food processor to chop the almonds to make things easy. Fold the dry ingredients into the banana mixture.
- Roll the mixture into round balls. Place them on a baking sheet lined with a silplat mat or parchment paper. Press the round ball flat onto the sheet to make the shape of a cookie. They don’t change shape during baking so your basically sculpting what your cookie’s gonna look like.
- Bake in the oven for 15min. If they aren’t cooked all the way, the will fall apart when you take a bite. So it’s OK to eat one to test it.